Before completing your application form, Please carefully consider the following points :
AFRICA ART LINES OBJECTIVES :
- Identify and support artists and holders of inter-african art and cultural projects.
- Ensure better presence of Moroccan artists in the continent and host african artists and projects in Morocco.
- Encourage creative projets between Morocco and the other countries of the continent.
- Extend the audiences and participate to the development of art market in Africa.
- Convey through the arts, the values of diversity and intercultural dialogue.
Artists and cultural operators must be resident in the african continent.
The projects must be related to Morocco and music sector : from Morocco to another country in the continent or conversely.
The application must include the following :
Application form downloadable on www.africaartlines.com
Files to be attached to the form (Download link in case of large files)
Call for projects opening : 26 january 2016
Deadline to submit applications : 11 march 2016 at midnight
Granted projets announcement : 18 march 2016
This call concerns projects happening between 01 April to 15 August 2016
The second call for project will concern the projects from 15 august to 31 decembre 2016.
SELECTION CRITERIA :
-Career of the artist, band and its artistic level
-Objectives and actions of the operators and organizing structures
-Complete description and information about the project, partners and/or artists part of it.
-Expected project Results and impacts.
-Dates and calendar
THE GRANTED APPLICATIONS ARE SELECTED BY A JURY OF AFRICAN PRACTITIONERS PARTNERS OF AFRICA ART LINES.
– The maximum number of flights that AAL can support in the same project (Music band for example) is 3 tickets.
– A project may include multiple destinations (3 tickets max)/ you can simply duplicate the appropriate fields.
In order to help us better assimilate your project and control management aspects, coordination and follow up, please make sure that:
– Your passports are valid during the travel period
– There is indeed an agreement between the project parts on the entire host arrangements, hospitality, artistic, technical and communication process: confirmation lettre, invitation letter, Certificate/ project convention…
– You are fine with Visa procedures for your host country
ABOUT US :
AFRICA ART LINES aim to expand art and cultural exchanges between African countires in general and between Morocco and the other countries of the continent in particular.
Our association has approached local and regional artists and cultural operators to get diverse experiences and probe the priority levers to enable for the promotion of artistic interactions between Morocco and the other African countries.
The desire to reinforce the actual intercultural willings in Africa by creating a mobility fund dedicated to movements of artists and culture professionnels has been encouraged by the operators and practitioners from morocco and continent countries and inspired by multiple experiences, projects and reflections.
Africa Art Lines, is possible today through project partners who share the same vision and values, conscious that arts and culture constitute an essential key for the human, social and economic development, in Morocco and in Africa ; and working for a united and intercultural Africa.
AAL is initially thought as a collectif projet, 100% supplied by African funds.
The results of the first steps of AAL grants will help to highlight the trends, needs and levels of engagement of artists and cultural project holders between Morocco and the African countries. These indicators will be necessary for the viability of mobility funds and its evolution according to the continent specificities and needs.
The funds available for the first year will be dedicated primarily to music sector. The other artistic sectors are invited to show their interest and needs to allow us to reinforce our approach and advocate for the opening for additional funding lines, dedicated to the mobility of artists and professionals in all art sectors.
AFRIKAYNA thanks OCP Group and its partners and all that energy who participated to the establishment of this project.
Apply/more information here
Source: Africa Art Lines, February 04th, 2016