Encounters South African International Documentary Festival, the premier African festival dedicated to the documentary genre, is calling for applications for the position of Director of this 18 year old Festival.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate reasonable knowledge of the documentary industry in South Africa, of international platforms (broadcasters, commissioners and festivals), and good writing and budgetary skills as they will be responsible for raising funds and reporting on the Festival on an annual basis.
• A tertiary qualification in film, media studies or related field;
• At least five years’ experience in the film industry or client relations environment;
• Proven strategic thinking and relationship-building skills;
• Good Communication (written and oral skills);
• Ability to plan and attention to detail;
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Provide leadership by implementing the strategic objectives while evaluating and reporting on the progress of the plans.
• Financial Management: oversee preparation of the annual budget, cost reports and the audit. Provide vision regarding financial health of the organisation.
• Reports and Fundraising: prepare and deliver Reports and Fundraising Proposals in a timely fashion
• Manage all Marketing and Publicity activities of the Festival.
• Assist the Head of Programming and staff with viewing and finalisation of film programme.
• Conceptualise and design training and development, and industry programmes and the successful implementation thereof.
• Explore opportunities for the Festival and the industry, by continuously building relationships with stakeholders and local and international partners.
• Provide leadership to staff and oversee employee relations.
• Represent the Festival at Industry events and related activities.
Candidates must submit the following:
• 2 page CV with 3 contactable references
• 1 page letter of motivation
Applications are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 17 August 2015
Note that Encounters is run by the Encounters Training and Development Institute, a small
NGO based in Cape Town. The successful candidate will be paid a basic salary with a commission of funding raised.
Source : Facebook, 14 July 2015