The chosen recipients will receive ongoing professional support and a special trip to Los Angeles for meetings and introductions to key entertainment executives, producers and representatives. To apply, simply submit your feature film script or original television pilot script on this application page. Apply now and join a growing community of visionary screenwriters with meaningful connections to Hollywood mentors.
Past ScreenCraft Fellowship winners have optioned their projects and signed with top representatives at 3Arts, Anonymous Content, Paradigm Talent Agency, ICM, Bellevue Productions and more.
REGULAR DEADLINE: DECEMBER 30 | LATE DEADLINE:JANUARY 15
- Applicants anywhere in the world are eligible; however the material submitted must be in English.
- Early applications are due by November 1, 2015 with entry fee of $39. Regular entries are due by December 30, 2015, with regular application fee of $59. Late entries must be received before the final deadline on January 15th (at 11:59PM Pacific Time) with application fee of $69. The application fee must be paid in full at the time of the application submission. The application fee is non-refundable.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- There is no application fee waiver for re-entry of new drafts or corrections (so double-check your script carefully before submitting) A new draft may be submitted as a separate application, to be evaluated separately on its own merits.
- All submitted material must be original, and all rights must be wholly owned by the writer(s).
- Material must be submitted by the writer. Material written by writing teams must be submitted by one of the writers, with consent of the other(s). In the case that a writing team is chosen, all writing team members are eligible for the Fellowship.
- It is strongly recommended that material be registered with the WGA and/or the U.S. Copyright Office.
- Writers who have earned more than $20,000 (or equivalent currency) from professional writing services for film or TV in the preceding year are not applicable.
- There is no limit to the number of projects you may submit. If you want to submit multiple projects, they must be submitted separately with separate entry fees.
- Applicants are not required to live in or relocate to Los Angeles but must be readily accessible via phone, email and Skype for meetings at the conclusion of the Fellowship.
- Any submitted work that becomes optioned, published, produced or purchased between the time of submission and the end of the evaluation period will no longer be eligible.
- Material should be submitted in industry-standard format, font, spacing and margins.
- Adaptations are ineligible unless the underlying rights are owned by the writer or the work is in the public domain.
- Feature Screenplays must be no longer than 140 pages, Drama Television Pilots no longer than 70 pages and Comedy Television Pilots no longer than 40 pages (or 70 pages double-spaced sitcom pilots).
- All material must be submitted in PDF format or it will not be eligible.
- The top finalists will be notified and invited to join a phone interview for the final selection process.
Read more rules and regulations here
Source / Read the full article : ScreenCraft, November 4th, 2015