The Rules and Regulations outlined below apply to all entries submitted for consideration of the FoST Prize. Please review this document in its entirety prior to completing your entry form.
KEY DATES AND DEADLINES
July 24th: Submissions Close
Early September: Semi-Finalists Notified
October 7th and 8th: FoST Summit, Winners Announced
The FoST Prize will be awarded to the most exceptional interactive story, which may include, but is not limited to, web-based work, data-driven art, mobile apps, games, multimedia installations, augmented reality experiences, virtual reality, and other multi-platform projects. To be eligible for consideration, entries must comply with the following guidelines:
1. Entries must be submitted online by July 24th, and include all of the “Submission Requirements” as detailed below. Physical submissions delivered to FoST will not be accepted and may be destroyed or discarded. Please note there is a $25 application fee per entry.
2. Projects produced in all countries are eligible. Non-English works must have English subtitles. Please note that dialogue lists will NOT be accepted in place of subtitles.
3. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to secure clearance rights from the holders of any copyrighted assets included in their submission. FoST will not be liable for the illegal use of any copyrighted materials within the submission, and reserves the right to disqualify any such entry.
4. In addition to completing all other required fields in the online entry form, you must provide, to the best of your ability, all estimated costs, technical specifications, and space requirements needed to install and display your entry at the 2015 FoST summit.
5. Entries must have been completed on or after October 1st, 2014. “Works-in-progress” that are submitted must have a projected end date of October 6th, 2015.
All entries must include the following:
1. The entrant must complete and submit the official Entry Form, which entails:
a. A public or private URL to view the submitted app, game, web-based or multiplatform experience, multimedia installation, data-driven artwork, etc.
b. Additionally, entrants may submit a total of three URLs, which might include a video walkthrough or demo of the work that clearly conveys its story, functionality, and user experience; or supplementary materials including, but not limited to, decks, slideshows, talks and presentations, and/or other audio-video content.
2. If you are submitting more than one work, you must complete a separate online entry form. Compilation and combined entries may be discarded and deemed ineligible.
FoST will assemble an official Panel of Judges that will work together to select three semi-finalists. Each semi-finalist will be awarded a ticket to attend the FoST Summit in New York City where their work will be showcased for attendees and our wider online community at large. Semi-finalists will be notified by email or phone according to the contact information that they provided on their entry form. FoST may rescind an invitation to participate at the 2014 FoST summit if the work’s status is deemed ineligible at any point after selections have been made.
IF YOUR WORK IS SELECTED
If your work is selected, you must fulfill the following requirements by the date(s) designated by FoST:
1. You must complete and return a release agreement provided by FoST wherein you (i) accept sole responsibility for obtaining any and all clearances necessary to exhibit your work at the 2014 FoST summit; (ii) warrant that you have the rights necessary to exhibit your work at the 2015 FoST summit; and (iii) indemnify and hold harmless FoST, and its affiliates, against any claim arising out of your participation at the 2015 FoST summit.
2. You must complete, sign, and return an official “Materials Checklist” form provided by FoST that should include any and all relevant information needed to properly install and display your work during the 2015 FoST summit.
3. FoST will require that all necessary exhibition and display materials be delivered to one location by a designated date. Final format, media, and spec requirements for your work may vary from the formats delivered during the submission process. Please obtain tracking information for all necessary materials that are shipped to FoST. FoST will arrange return shipping of your materials after the conclusion of the 2015 FoST summit.
4. If the actual costs and technical and space requirements to install and exhibit your work are in excess of the estimates that you provided with your entry form, FoST may decline to exhibit your work at the 2015 FoST summit.
For additional information, please send all inquires to Prize@futureofstorytelling.org.
Source : Future of Story Telling, June 3rd, 2015