1-Luxor African Film Festival is organized by Independent Shabab Foundation, which is a civil and nonprofit organization cooperates with the culture developed fund & other entities . The festival is organized under the auspices of significant Egyptian Ministries and other organizations.
2-Luxor African Film Festival is an annual event organized in the city of Luxor in the Arab Republic of Egypt. The festival’s 5th edition will take place 17 – 23 of March, 2016.
3-Luxor African Film Festival will screen long and short films produced in African countries, made by African filmmakers, concerned by African subjects, 2015 production.
4-Luxor African Film Festival consists of 4 competitions: Long Narratives, Long Documentaries, Short Films (Narratives and Documentaries) and The International Competition of Freedom Films as well as other special sections.
5- Festival’s opening film screened is out of competition.
6- Each competition has its own international jury consisting of 5 members.
7- For The Long Narratives Competition, the jury will grant the following prizes:
•Nile Grand Prize for Best Long Narrative Film ($3000 and The Golden Mask of Tutankhamun)
•Jury Prize for Long Narrative Film ($2000 and The Silver Mask of Tutankhamun)
•Best Artistic Achievement Prize in a Long Narrative Film (Certificate of Appreciation and The Bronze Mask of Tutankhamun)
8-In The Long Documentaries Competition, the jury will grant the following prizes:
•Nile Grand Prize for Best Long Documentary ($3000 and The Golden Mask of Tutankhamun)
•Jury Prize for Long Documentary ($2000 and The Silver Mask of Tutankhamun)
•Best Artistic Achievement Prize in a Long Documentary Film (Certificate of Merit and The Bronze Mask of Tutankhamun)
9-In The Short Films Competition, the jury will grant the following prizes:
•Nile Grand Award for Best Short Narrative ($2000 and The Golden Mask of Tutankhamun)
•Nile Grand Award for Best Short Documentary ($2000 and The Golden Mask of Tutankhamun)
•Best Artistic Achievement Prize in a Short Film (Certificate and The Silver Mask of Tutankhamun)
10-In The International Competition of Freedom Films, the jury will grant Al-Husseiny Abou-Deif Prize Best Freedom Film ($2000 and The Golden Mask of Tutankhamun), as well as Certificates of Merit for a second and a third film , with cooperation of Art Watch Africa & Arterial network .
11-Independent Shabab Foundation will grant Radwan El-Kashef Prize for Best Film reflecting African issues ($1000 and The Golden Mask of Tutankhamun)
12- It is prohibited to divide any prize or to add to any prize.
13-Film submissions to The Festival are opened from Mid August till mid December 2015 . The deadline for delivering prints of the selected films to the festival’s headquarter is the end of January 2016 .
Terms of film submissions:
• Submitted Films should be directed by African filmmaker, the story should take place in Africa, the plot must be related to Africa
• Submitted Films should be 2015 production
• The Selection Committee will decide the films that participates in LAFF competitions
• Participating films should not have been screened in Egyptian cinemas before the festival
• Calls for Participation starts August 15 , 2015 .
• Deadline to receive the application form, two DVD copies of the film along with promotional material (posters, flyers, stills, and synopsis) is December 15 , 2015 .
• LAFF is not obliged to return the received material if the film was not selected.
• Material will not be used in any commercial activities.
• LAFF management will announce the selected films by January 1, 2016
• Participating filmmakers should send the final screening copy subtitled in English to LAFF prior to February 10, 2016.
• LAFF will handle one-way shipment of copies: Participant will handle the cost of sending the film to Egypt and LAFF will handle the return shipment.
• In case of loss or damage of the copy, LAFF will cover its insurance.
• Films will be screened three times during LAFF’s edition except for the winning films that will be re-screened in non-profit cultural centers after LAFF.
Source : Luxor African Film Festival, August 21, 2015