Position: -Web and Media Manager
Application Deadline: 04th March 2016
Start date: 1st March 2016
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Organization: Goethe-Institut Nigeria/ Mokolo Project
The Mokolo platform was created in 2012 with the aim to promote and support film and audiovisual sectors in Africa and its Diaspora by:
- Connecting, promoting and supporting film and audiovisual professionals from or related to Africa and its diasporas;
- Promoting film and audiovisual content made by Africans, about Africa or related to Africa and its diasporas;
- Improving the accessibility and visibility of such content;
- Facilitating and promoting the use of existing and future web technologies by professionals and audiences through research, development and education;
- Providing one single viable and reliable access point for all of the above, which links existing initiatives, services and re- sources.
Mokolo is run by the Mokolo-Foundation which has its main office in Lagos/Nigeria.
Goethe-Institut Nigeria is founding member of the Mokolo-Foundation and has secured funding from the European Union (Program ACP Cultures+) for the period of two years, starting from April 1, 2014.
For more information on the Mokolo project see www.mokolo.net
In order to implement the foundation goal and successfully run the Mokolo project funded by ACP-EU Cultures Plus Programmes, Goethe-Institut Nigeria is looking for applications for the strategic position of: WEB CONTENT AND MEDIA MANAGER
- Act as a community manager and voice for Mokolo project on all social channels, including Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
- Develop integrated (internal and external) communication plans for the Mokolo project implementation plans with partners functional strategies, programs, and initiatives, including communications positioning, messaging, and tactics consistent with the Mokolo and partners’ brand.
- Strategize, write communication plans and creative briefs, research and analyze information, write articles, prepare presentations (PowerPoint presentations, speeches and talking points), plan logistics, and manage overall coordination.
- Give MOKOLO good online presence
- Keep MOKOLO’s website and platforms updated with well managed content by writing copy for all website collateral, including homepage stories, emails, and promotions.
- Write, edit, and proofread all online content
- Additional copy- and content-related projects
- To maintain and build Mokolo Project’s knowledge resources, databases and research base so as to build a reputable, high quality and well equipped researched project.
- Research and collate existing relevant content and link Mokolo portal to existing platform sharing the same vision and mission
- Participate in planning and conducting research work that maintains and builds the scope and efficacy of Mokolo Project databases and website resources.
- Continually build and maintain the databases of stakeholders for Mokolo Project, including academic institutions, universities, training institutes and other research-related organizations.
- Categorize databases in order to provide easy access to specific sectors or groups within the respective databases.
- Manage and monitor a team of content assistants related to the Mokolo Project
- Hold a university degree or postgraduate in journalism, communication, public relations, business administration or related field, or 4 years of additional work related experience.
- Ability to speak and write fluently in English and French Languages
- Knowledge of various forms of media and communications, including social media and experience with media strategy, planning, liaison and production;
- Experience with creative content writing, report writing, editing
- Proficiency in WordPress
- Must be social media savvy and know how to use online tools very well
- Have a good understanding of VoDs platforms and the African cinema industry
- Be an organized and creative copywriter and content manager to create all homepage copy and social media content
- Diverse writing background and proven ability to adapt fluidly in a fast-paced, quickly evolving environment
- Two (2) or more years of experience in a copywriting, editing, and/or content management role
- Attention to detail,
- Writing and copyediting skills with applied experience in both areas.
- Experience in working with different websites interfaces and back-ends;
The successful applicants will be based at the Mokolo Foundation office in Lagos, Nigeria under the direct control of Goethe-Institut Nigeria who will remain financially responsible for the project until the end of the project (31/05/2016).
Interested applicants should submit a letter of application motivating her/his suitability for the position, a Curriculum Vitae detailing experience and skills and three contactable referees, of which at least one should be a member of one of the partner countries (Nigeria, Cameroon, Senegal, Kenya). These should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th February 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. The successful applicants will be expected to start on 1st March 2016 or as soon as possible.
NB: Please only apply if you are BILINGUAL