In 2012, three ladies sat outside in the moonlight besides a blazing camp fire overlooking the scenic view of Kenya’s wildlife in the Maasai Mara Game reserve. Right then an idea was born to advance the work of creative storytellers from Africa to a global audience. Out of Africa International Film Festival (OOAIFF) was formed with a goal to provide a platform that brings together global independent filmmakers, producers, promoters and other stakeholders in a common space to explore their stories freely and market the films to a global audience.
We are committed to this great cause of discovering and developing African filmmakers to reach their greatest potential in film and to provide the global audience with original and creative films. Through our networking platform, we have developed programs, through which filmmakers are discovered, supported, and inspired to create world record films that appeal to a global audience in their originality and creativity.
1. Create a common platform for local and foreign film industry players to exchange ideas and develop collaborations in film making.
2. Stimulate and build careers and advance the local film industry to a global audience.
3. Showcase African films to the global audience.
4. Draw the international film market to Kenya and Africa in general.
5. Organize annual local and international film festivals.
6. Provide an avenue of sharing information on upcoming films, including regulation.
Source : Out of Africa International Film Festival, September 22nd, 2015